Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wednesday Wisdom- Technology

If you are lucky enough to have an iPod or iPad in your classroom you know that they can be great motivators for students.  There are tons of apps that teach and reinforce what your students need to learn.  You also know that keeping kids in the app that you want them in is usually not quite so easy!  You suddenly hear the sounds of birds flying through the air and pigs oinking and you know that someone has found their way to that Angry Birds app you just can’t bring yourself to delete.  

Here are step-by-step directions for keeping your students on task and on the right app.  I am showing this using my iPhone but these same steps can be used on iPods, iPads, and iPad Minis.




Link up below with a technology idea, tip or product that you would like to share!

Endless Possibilities
Stephany






17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the tech tip! I'm going to be using this during the school year.


    Meagan
    Oodles of Teaching Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tip! Got to share this one with my teachers. Thanks. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cool! I am bookmarking this so I don't lose it! Very valuable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I knew there was a way, but I didn't know how to do it. I've always been really lucky though--I've never found a kid in another app. Guess that means I've picked ones they really like to play!

    Lisa
    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial!! Just yesterday, I was thinking of making a video about how to use Guided Access! Funny timing! Thanks for letting me link up. :)

    Janaye
    Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the tip - I didn't know about that one!! I just linked up my science iPad apps reviews for kids, thanks for a great linky!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU!! Genius! I am beyond thrilled to know this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent tip! I had no idea you could do that.

    Thanks,
    Jessica
    Teach on a Limb

    ReplyDelete
  9. The app helps your child in tracing out the alphabets, numbers and shapes with the help of their finger so that they can learn how to write and recognize shapes.
    educational apps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Website: www.mobiapphub.com/
    MobiAppHub iPhone iPad Games For Fun, Creative, Entertaining And Educational
    Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots,
    and learn more about Greedy Dog on the App Store. Download Greedy Dog and enjoy it on your iPhone,
    iPad, and iPod touch
    Elementia for iPhone here & Download the app and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.


    Also more details here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome tip! thank you! I have been wondering how to do this for a while now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so handy! Thank you for your tip! I am going to try it out on my iPad
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its such as you scan my mind! You appear to grasp such a lot concerning this, such as you wrote the book in it or one thing. i feel that you just may click here do with some pics to drive the message home slightly, however apart from that, this can be nice journal. a good scan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! I didn't even know this existed! I will be using this all the time now!! :) Thanks!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete