1. This pretty sums up the week! I think my classroom was the epicenter for the plaque. I kind of likened myself to Kate Winslet in Contagion this week to make it seem a little more glamorous wiping down, disinfecting, taking temperatures. We powered through and actually got quite a few things done... I am lucky to have a bunch of little troopers in my class!
2. You know that moment when you are just about ready to throw your hands up in the air... you've heard your name about 500 times in the last hour, tied the same set of shoes 4 times, redirected, reassured, retied (again), retaught... and then you turn around and see someone has left this randomly on your counter and you laugh so hard you suddenly remember why you love teaching first grade. Seriously the most repulsive and cutest sleeping reptile ever. He even has a pillow!
3. This. I don't even have a cat but I can't help but laugh every time.
4. In addition to being the center of the plaque, we were also trash pickers (hmmm, maybe there is a connection). We were learning about reusing things to make new things and we saw a bunch of plastic lids in the recycling bin (we were collecting lids to make benches and these were extra). We dug them out and made clocks out of them with foam and brads. This is the halfway completed clock. I will have to share the final results later.
5. It's freezing here! We had last minute ice this morning on the way to school but it was too late to call school. My dogs have even started staring at me until I go get them a blanket to lay under. It is pretty pathetic but still cute!
It's been a long week but through it all we learned a lot, powered through and made the most of it! It's easy when you have a great group of kids! Have a great weekend!